Monday 11 April 2011

What a hoot!


dairyhouse 006

On Sunday if you went to The Dairy House Costume & Textile Day

you would have been greeted by this pair of likely lads,

thanks boys for your traffic directing and comedy routine.


dairyhouse 002

I apologise to my followers as I only took a few pictures. and selfishly only of my stall, I know that Lizzie, & Sophie, both have posted about the day, so click to see more.

dairyhouse 003

I was very happy with the look of my stall it was floral, pretty & summery.

I had kept certain items especially for the day, framed Lucie Atwell, the Liberty fabric screen, William Morris eiderdown, cushions, the most beautiful hand embroidered/drawn thread silk table cloth, a beautiful old toile piece with two entwined love birds, a lovely wirework embroidered piece and the two beautiful patchwork bedcovers. Also the fantastic oilcan, that has been converted into a table lamp (just seen in the picture below).

dairyhouse 004

Under the verandah we had a lovely day, although at times Helen and myself were laughing so much that our customers had to be tended to by Donna and her Mum!

In between the frivolity I sold some lovely fabrics some of which went to Clare, who sources the most beautiful fabrics to make her fantastic bags, of which a gorgeous brightly coloured Sanderson floral will soon be appearing in her vintage range.

foxes 004

Lastly I would like to thank the lovely lady who bought two similar cushions to this one, and to one of my readers that asked to buy one, this is the last one, if you would like to buy it, please email me.

8 comments:

  1. I only took pictures of my booth as well. promise to do better next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Jan I am just going to have a look now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It did look so very lovely! Glad you had a good day xx
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recognise those cheeky grins! So sorry to have missed the fair this year due to a clash of dates. Your stall looked as pretty and as enticing as ever - looking forward to seeing you both at Frome! Cx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will make skirts this week!!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh I love a man in Hi Viz!!!

    your stall looked so gorgeous
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for remembering about the cushion. I had a problem emailing you as I thought I was a follower of your blog but had to follow again to send the email (does that make sense?!).
    Glad you had a good fair... your stall looked full of desirable things that I would buy... especially THAT cushion! Abby x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your comment Trixie.. shall i see you at Ardingly this time??

    ReplyDelete