Sunday 17 April 2011

“theatricals dahrlings……”

todays finds 022todays finds 021

I have been lucky enough to be buying things from a nice lady, she promised to put some things by for me, today she brought these for me.

Two very pretty embroidered silk shawls in lilac and pale orange

todays finds 020    

The lady used to be “in theatricals”, which perhaps is why this lovely number  seems to be an original crepe dress with additions.

                         todays finds 019todays finds 018  

  A very, fine cotton turn of the century bridal veil, very plain but hand sewn with dainty mitred corners. I recently sold a length of heavily embroidered cotton net that is to be worked into the train of a wedding dress.

todays finds 023todays finds 024 

A very nice quality tooled leather clutch bag with a little stamp and card holder inside, that has the inscription “if you can not call please telephone to return”,

todays finds 017todays finds 015

A lovely boned bodice, Victorian in the main, again with later additions.

todays finds 012todays finds 013todays finds 014

I was lucky but then again I am very polite and chat to people barter with people as we are all trying to make a living.
That was yesterday, and today, as M was off playing golf I found furniture which always happens when he is not around so I have to cart it back to the car! Again I found some handbags, fabrics and some nice vintage dresses, some 50’s wallpaper, and the most fantastic lamp with a 1950’s Italian street scene design shade, I will post a pic later.
So all in all some nice new/old stock.
A busy week this week with a visit to the Old Pill Factory and preparing for Exeter Brocante on Saturday and Shepton flea on Sunday.

10 comments:

  1. Stunning shawls! The bodice is beautiful too, but boy am I glad not to have to wear boned garments like that!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love a bit of drama! (not the kind of drama I performed when I caught my son with his feet on my Sean cushion!!) You bought some beautiful garments... I like your mannequin very much too.
    Abby x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed I might actually manage to get to the Flea on Sunday. If so, see you then! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely pieces but then your stock is always lovely!
    The clutch is gorgeous- I think it was a pattern in the Dryad Handicrafts catalogue?
    See you Sunday
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely shawls, Tracey. You always manage to find such interesting things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous finds, love the Victorian boned bodice. Good luck for the fairs.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful shawl, i would love to see the 50's wallpaper. Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely fabrics...but you know how I am about textiles...

    ReplyDelete