Monday 10 May 2010

A blast from the past!

Mum & I had a massive surprise this morning, Michael called us from the back garden where we were hanging out the washing, in our scruffy clothes, bad hair day etc, etc, "someone to see you"!
Mum screamed " *$%£%£ £$&*%", I rushed out and " Oh my God" & burst into tears - this lovely chap is Mum's (this is where it gets complicated) cousin's son, she spent a lot of time with him when he was a little boy & being an only child he was like a brother to me.
Lloyd now lives many hours away over the Atlantic and is married to Nicola, also local to us here.
Mum hasn't seen them for 12 years, the last time that I saw them was about 6 - 7 years ago when we visited them when Tom was a chorister singing in the Colonies.

Michael kindly rushed to Tom's school om the pretence that he had a doctor's appointment & brought him home for a fantastic surprise,

I can assure you that they are not father & son, although I believe that L does dote on T & vice versa.


Nicola & Mum admiring the family resemblances

Wow what a fantastic way to start the week.


4 comments:

  1. What a nice thing to happen - but why do people never appear on the day you've just come back from the hairdressers and are wearing flattering new t-shirt?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great, like you say.. a happy start to the week! see you Sunday?????

    ReplyDelete